As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have seen a dramatic rise in the number of people taking up running. Downloads of the NHS England Couch to 5k app increased by 92% in the first 3 months of lockdown (March – June 2020).
Regular running can reduce your risk of long-term illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and act as a great natural de-stresser.
Studies show that a more active and healthy workforce;
- are less likely to be off sick
- have more energy and are therefore more productive
- will have more self confidence
- will inspire confidence in others
- are more likely to think creatively
- feel less stressed
- have a more positive attitude in the work place
How HR Running Coach can help you?
There are a variety of coaching services we provide, including the following;
- Bespoke training plans for a specific event – train as a group for a ‘once in a lifetime event’ – the team receive their own personalised training plan.
- Lunch time or evening coaching sessions to bring a group together, have fun and work on improving technique and fitness.
- Virtual wellbeing challenges to encourage a sense of community and togetherness whilst people are working remotely.
- ‘Ask the Coach’ sessions (in person or virtually) to provide support and advice to employees who would like some guidance or are new to running. This could be in the form of a webinar or an in person event.
Here is a case study of some work undertaken for a well-being consultancy to help new and existing runners make the most of their running.
If you would like to find out more about the packages we offer please get in touch.